Now Hiring: Summer Camp Educators
The purpose of the summer camp educators will be to leader summer camp programs conducted by Audubon New Mexico and the Randall Davey Audubon Center. Educators will lead groups of campers, ages 5-12, in outdoor, hands-on activities during week-long day camps. Qualified applicants will have at least 3-5 years of experience teaching young children, especially in outdoor environments.
We will hire a total of 3 educators. There will also be the opportunity to work with community groups and other public programs on occasion.These positions are classified as full-time, seasonal, paid at a rate of $13-15 per hour, depending on experience. Typical hours will be 9:00-5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Projected start date is May 18-26, 2020 and projected end date is August 7, 2020.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of two years professional experience working in the field of environmental education, natural history, science education.
- Experience working with groups of elementary-level students (PreK-5th grade).
- Creative ability to design, write and evaluate environmental education curricula, lesson plans and activities.
- Skills teaching in formal and informal settings to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent public speaking and group management skills.
- Ability to work and collaborate with people of varying backgrounds.
- Hard working, flexible, and self-motivated.
- Ability to work individually and in a team setting.
- Professional and friendly manner.
- Background in New Mexico natural history desirable.
- Fluent Spanish speaking ability desirable.
- CPR & First Aid certified.
- Must be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time, lift loads up to 25 lbs, and traverse uneven terrain for over 2 miles, with or without accommodation.
- Must be able to lead groups in an outdoor setting, with or without accommodation, including being able to traverse the trails and uneven terrain of the Nature Center and surrounding properties, preserves, and sanctuaries in variable weather conditions.
For full job description and to apply, please visit Audubon’s online job portal. Applications should include a resume and short introduction/cover letter describing why you are a qualified candidate for the position. Candidates should apply by March 30th for best consideration. Learn more about our camp programs.